Monday, May 11, 2009

Dialogue Poem



With every breath, my bones break
With every slight movement, my body aches

I laugh, I smile, I breathe in the fresh, crisp air
I run around outside, this life is unfair

When I asked to have children, my body said 'No'
My husband could not care for me, he left long ago
I am a mother, a daughter, a doctor, and a wife
I would never want anything in exchange for this wonderful life

She dances, she sings, she glows when she smiles
Why couldn't I experience this for a short while?
She hurts, she suffers, her face shows pain with every slight move
I would give up my life for hers to improve

A twist, a bend, I feel no pain
I am loved, I am happy, the sun shines through the rain

2 comments:

  1. i really like your poem..and the fact that it all rhymes adds to it i really like: When I asked to have children, my body said 'No'
    My husband could not care for me, he left long ago
    I am a mother, a daughter, a doctor, and a wife
    I would never want anything in exchange for this wonderful life

    did that really happen in frida carlos** life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well she couldnt have kids lol and her husband was in and out of her life but i made up most of it, thanks tho!

    ReplyDelete